The South Carolina Historical Society is partnering with the Lowcountry Digital Library (LCDL) to make selected manuscripts, oral histories, and images from our rich collections available in digital format. In addition to increased access to materials, this collaboration also supports our outreach and preservation efforts.
Below is a selected list of items currently available on the Lowcountry Digital Library. For more, visit the SCHS on LCDL to explore!
- Alonzo White Account Book
- Voices of the Santee Delta Oral History Collection
- Charles Fraser Sketchbook
- McLeod Family Papers
- Hutson Lee Papers
- Alexander Glennie Journal
- South Carolinians at Work
- Selected items from the Anita Pollitzer Family Papers
- William Henry Johnson Scrapbook, Volume One
- Peter Timothy’s Journal of Observations during the British siege of Charleston, 1780
- Drayton Family Papers
- Oral histories: