This two-sided flag was presented to the Moultrie Guards, a militia company, in 1855. The flag depicts a view of the battle at Sullivan’s Island in 1776, a Patriot victory commemorated by Carolina Day (June 28th), which the Moultrie Guards adopted as their anniversary day. Formed in 1836, this company was part of the 1st Regiment of Rifles of the South Carolina Militia, 4th Brigade of Charleston. Restoration work will include cleaning the silk cloth and the painted scene as well as museum-quality framing in preparation of its permanent display in the Fireproof Building.
Estimated total: $7500.oo