Photocopies & Reproductions
We are glad to reproduce items for your research use if you are unable to make it to visit the South Carolina Historical Society. Please keep in mind that we can only reproduce 25% of each manuscript collection, but there are no limits on the reproduction of published materials such as books, pamphlets, and maps.* Orders may take up to six weeks to complete, and reproduced items are for your research use only. For more information about obtaining image files (JPG or TIF) to use in publications, please see Visual Materials.
*Researchers are responsible for observing provisions of the Act of 1976 and the laws of libel.
South Carolina Historical Society
attn: reproduction/photocopy services
100 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401
phone: (843) 723-3225
fax: (843) 937-5520
Schedule of Fees
- Time (for photocopies and scans) – $20/hr (1 hr minimum) member / $25/hr (1 hr minimum) non-member
- Mailing (for photocopies) – $5.00 minimum
- Low Resolution Scans (200 DPI) – No Charge
- Black & White Single Sided Photocopies – $0.35 member / $0.40 non-member
- Black & White Double Sided Photocopies – $0.45 member / $0.50 non-member
- Color Photocopies – $3.00 member / $4.00 non-member
*The SCHS will send an invoice via email upon receipt of the reproduction request form. Photocopies or scans will be sent once payment is received.